Good day, neighbors! Dominique-Noelle Rafael here with your Tuesday edition of the Las Vegas Daily.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Cloudy and sunny weather. Top: 62 Bottom: 39.
Here are today’s top three stories in Las Vegas:
- Circus Circus will hold a job fair on Wednesday for the upcoming spring season. More than 100 line and management level positions need to be filled, including in hospitality, security, table games, and more. Applicants must submit a COVID-19 test prior to their start date if hired and drug and background checks will be available onsite during the show. (FOX5 Las Vegas)
- A Las Vegas strip club now accepts Bitcoin for lap dances and tips. Monday, The gentlemen’s club has announced that guests can now scan a QR code, which will enable an instant and seamless Bitcoin payment transaction through their crypto wallet, without leaving a paper trail. The club is located on Russell Road, near the Allegiant Stadium. (KTNV Las Vegas)
- To celebrate the start of Black History Month, the City of North Las Vegas is hosting a poetry contest on the theme, “What does Black History mean to you?” Until February 7, contest participants can submit their poems via video no longer than 90 seconds for a chance to win a $50 gift card. The submission deadline is February 7 and the winners will be announced on February 10. (News3LV)
From our sponsor:
Last week, we told you about our new favorite non-alcoholic go-to – refreshing and bitter drinks from our partners at Betera. They are created by chefs from natural botanicals, lightly effervescent and worthy of a life beyond “Dry January”. We mentioned that their Ginger-Orange was excellent; we’ve since tried Elderflower-Lime and loved it too – light and floral with the perfect amount of zing. We are converts.
Enough of you have taken Betera on your 15% off first orders for Patch Daily readers that they have extended the offer for another week. Use PATCH15 at checkout. Highly recommended – try Betara here.
- This weekend’s tragic accident is a reminder Las Vegas residents for obey posted speed limits and red stop. These are simple but vital actions that all drivers can commit to. (Facebook)
- You can now read about the historical significance of The blue angelthanks to a new plate installed in front of the 15 foot beauty. The blue angel watches over the intersection of East, Charlestonand Fremont. (Facebook)
- Yesterday marked fourteen years since the first Daily activity report was issued by Las Vegas Fire and Rescue. It was broadcast almost daily, including weekends and holidays by the PIO. (Facebook)
- Due to their strong partnership with Member of the Speaker’s Club of the Vegas Chamberthe Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA), Vegas Chamber Members receive a special discount on tickets NFL Pro Bowl 2022 on Sun. February 6 at Allegiant Stadium. (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Do you like the Las Vegas Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send this link to a friend or neighbor so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
Please follow and stay informed. See you tomorrow morning for another update!
— Dominique-Noelle Rafael
About me: Dominique is a self-taught UX/UI designer based in Princeton, NJ. She recently graduated from the University of Maryland last spring with a bachelor’s degree in information science. She is excited to start working on the Patch newsletter project this year!